As proud - and grateful - members of such a fantastic community of readers and writers, we want to take a moment to say "thank you" to our favorite writers. This month, our crew members will be sharing our thanks on Twitter and on our blogs, and we encourage you to join us.
Is there a writer out there who has gone above and beyond? Perhaps your critique partner has read your manuscript for the umpteenth time, and still manages to add a smiley face or positive comment. Or maybe you just finished a book that made you want to laugh, cry, and hug the author for their awesomeness?
What could be better than taking a moment to say thank you to those writers? Here are a few ideas for how to say thanks:
- Give a shout out to your favorite writers on Twitter.
- Write a blog post thanking an author for writing THE BOOK (or books!) you can't stop talking about.
- Send an email to a writer you appreciate.
- Mail a card or a little gift to your critique partner.
- If you're lucky enough to be in the same zip code as your fave writerly peeps, organize a happy hour gathering or say thanks by treating your writer friend to coffee/tea.
Check back here and share your actions in the comments, then use the Rafflecopter form on this post to earn extra entries for this month's book giveaway. We've also created a badge you can share on your own site to encourage other writers to say thanks. Help spread the word by using the hashtag #YABSayThanks in your tweets.
Whatever you do this month, know that the YA Buccaneers Crew is deeply appreciative of your comments, your participation in our Word Sprints, and for your kind and amazing emails. So, from all of us:
Tell us, who will you be thanking this month?