Welcome to our first Reading Mutiny Challenge of the New Year!
We've got a lovely, wintry mix for you this month. Whether you've got snow and frigid temps or you're relaxing on a hammock just steps from the beach, why not curl up and stay warm with a good book?
SHADOW AND BONE by Leigh Bardugo - The first in the Grisha Trilogy, known for its incredible world-building.
THE EX GAMES by Jennifer Echols - A fun romance between two snowboarders in classic Echols style.
TOWERING by Alex Flinn - I'm a sucker for a good fairy tale retelling, so this Rapunzel retell is at the top of my Reading Mutiny TBR. Wondering Which Fairy Tale Best Describes Your Life? Take the quiz (I got Rapunzel - it's the hair for sure).
OF SCARS AND STARDUST by Andrea Hannah - Uhh, this book. You won't be able to put it down and at the end, you'll be like, "WHAAAAT?" And you'll never look at wolves the same way.
LOVELY, DARK AND DEEP by Amy McNamara - This was easily my favorite read of 2012. Such a beautiful, aching story.
BITTERSWEET by Sarah Ockler - Sarah Ockler is one of our favorite authors and this book is going to a) make you want to strap on the ice skates and b) eat cupcakes.
BETWEEN SHADES OF GRAY by Ruta Septys - Historical fiction set in early 1940s Siberia.
SHIVER by Maggie Stiefvater - The first in the Wolves of Mercy Fall Series.
How can you participate in Reading Mutiny?
Reading Mutiny rules
- Choose one or more of the selected books for the month and read!
- Once you're finished reading, create a blog post of YOUR book review on your own personal blog or share it on Goodreads, then report back here!
- Leave a comment attached to this post with a link to where your review is posted.
- For every book you read and review during the Mutiny Challenge you'll gain one entry into our monthly drawing to pick a prize of your choice from our Treasure Chest! Don't forget to enter via the applicable Rafflecopter widget to be eligible for the giveaway!
- Additional ways to accrue giveaway points will also be available, so make sure to check out the Rafflecopter widget for all details!
Spread the word
When you share what you're reading on Twitter, use the hashtag #readingmutiny and mention @yabuccaneers.
The Giveaway: Enter to win your choice of one of the January Reading Mutiny books!