Today is publication day for my second book, THE STOLEN MOON! I'm so incredibly happy to have this book out and to share the next chapter in the adventures of Chase and Parker. Kirkus gave TSM a starred review, calling it "Star Trek for young fans of the genre, who’ll be thrilled at the prospect of a sequel."
Here for you today I present five random STOLEN MOON facts:
- There is, in fact, a moon that gets stolen in this book.
- The plot of THE STOLEN MOON was partly inspired by a Steven Seagal movie, though I won't name it here (for spoiler reasons!).
- I was taken on a date to see this movie when I was 15 years old. If you'd told me some day I'd publish a book partly inspired by its plot, I would have laughed in your face.
- A couple of the new characters in this book are named for people I know or knew. I did that in THE LOST PLANET, too.
- The ending of THE STOLEN MOON is very different from what I had originally planned in my synopsis. I'm learning to be flexible with my characters. Also cruel. Mwahahahaha...
In the three months since Chase unlocked the mystery of his amnesia and reunited with his younger sister, Lilli, they’ve built a life for themselves aboard the spaceship Kuyddestor with their friend Parker. They’re well hidden under the protection of their only ally, Captain Lennard, but Chase still has questions about the attack on his family and his and Lilli’s unusual abilities.
An anonymous contact promises Chase answers about his connection to the elusive underworld figure Asa Kaplan—but only if he meets this person on a nearby planet he’s forbidden to visit. Although it smells like a trap, Chase is willing to risk it with the help of his soldier friend Maurus.
But when a surprise attack from a new threat puts Lennard and his crew in danger, Chase, Parker, and Lilli are left stranded on a strange moon at the center of a fierce battle between two alien worlds. Before time runs out, they must find a way to save the day, or lose everyone they’ve grown to care about.
In celebration of THE STOLEN MOON, the YA Buccaneers are giving a copy to one lucky winner! To enter, just leave a comment on this post. Entries close at 11:59 EST on Monday, February 2nd. Good luck!